Hey, people! Okay so, for the first time in my life I had a facial done. It felt okay. It felt good. Okay, everybody I'll admit it..........I LOVED IT! I was so relaxed. I've never felt so relaxed since a long time ago. I can't wait to go back to a place I know. Sometimes I feel so lost. Not in a place, but in my mind, sorta. Do you get what I'm saying? A lot of people keep asking me if I speak Khemer, and they keep pointing to me. It's weird. What do you think I could do? Please, comment. Sorry this wasn't a real long entry. -molly
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you enjoyed the facial, Molly. It's okay to admit it. I've never had one :( This whole experience has got to be a head spinner for you. It's very understandable that you would feel as you do. Answer to your question: just keep being honest with yourself and be yourself. It's all good, as they say.
ReplyDeleteMolly-I am glad you are having fun. It sounds like an amazing place. Arlo is doing well and he says, "woof" Tell your mom and dad we said "hi". Take care-Carolyn
ReplyDeleteHey Molly...I'm glad you enjoyed your facial; how luxurious! I don't think there's anything you can do but keep being true to yourself!
ReplyDeleteHi Molly! It's Anita. What did the facial feel like? Well, we had our STOMP '09 today and a fair amount of people came. I wish you were there. Did you really have a chocolate milkshake and french fries? Well, I hope you're having a fun time! Sorry I haven't commented in a while. Can you PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE bring a picture or something for me when you come back?! Good luck on the plane ride home. Oh yeah, Indigo came to the STOMP. Bye for now!
ReplyDeleteANITA
Hi Molly - I am just now catching up on all the entries since July 5th because we've been away - at a very different place from where you are! (Pyramid Lake)... I agree with everyone who says they love your comments - keep them coming. I love being able to share this experience with you and your family from afar! Can't wait to visit with you when you get back when we can actually dialogue in real time! As for your question about what to do about the questions and pointing? Sorry I can't help you there but perhaps you are getting a taste of what it might feel like to be a celebrity - impossible to be invisible in that situation. Is the attention overwhelming at times? We miss you all and look forward to your return. Cassie is at Ballston Lake and has no computer access but I know she'll write as soon as she can. Be well! Patty
ReplyDeleteHi Molly - well, a day late and a dollar short, as they say, but I have had one experience that might come close to what you were experiencing. When I was a volunteer in Zimbabwe, one of the other volunteers I was with, Kim, was African American. Because she LOOKED like everyone else in Zimbabwe, she got a lot of "oh, I thought you'd speak Shona" (the local language where we were), or "you look African" (duh). You really have two ethnicities - one of origin and one where you were raised. Your culture of origin will always be Cambodian, and your culture will always be American. Both. It's going to be something that you share with other kids who have moved or been moved out of their country of origin and into a new place, whether they were adopted or not. Kim didn't solve the problem, but she did stop thinking of it as a problem, and became ok with knowing that she is more complicated than most people. You ARE attached to both cultures, just in different ways. I hope any of this helps...probably you will keep sorting out these feelings for a long time, but they shouldn't cause you worry or concern. They are really normal for someone who is of two cultures, which would also include kids who have parents from two countries (like Beckey), or who have moved to a new country. It's a small world, after all!
ReplyDeletePS - I have had one facial, and I loved it too, even though I don't think I'm very girlie! It just feels GREAT!