Well, we arrived safe and sound in Denver, picked up the rental car which was immediately creamed by another renter driver in the parking lot (with Molly standing right next to the car!). Okay, that put a little dent in the fun (pun very much intended). So, we finally get a car and only Ken can drive- stupid Hertz rules to make more money off of poor shmoes like us).
We arrive here in the mountains and by midnight I am really sick- I get a really bad case of altitude sickness that kicks in one mighty horrible migraine. I finally went to the emergency center today after about thirty hours of sleeping on and off and just feeling miserable. I'm much better now, but we're all grumpy, tired and really wish we were home.
Hopefully, we can make the best of being here. I think, after being in Cambodia, this is a bit of a letdown. Molly is really missing home, Ken and I are not feeling especially social, but we'll do our best. Molly fell asleep before 8 tonight and Ken and I are going back to the room shortly. Here's to a healthier tomorrow!
cheers everyone,
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing your adventure. It has been great to follow along. Hope to hear more and see some of those great pictures. Tom
ReplyDeleteOh Lisa, sorry to hear about the migraine. Glad that you are feeling better. I hope your time in Colorado goes well. Soon you will be in your neck of the woods. Best wishes to you all.
ReplyDelete