Hey! Today I saw my biological family! They were shy and smiley (like me). Visiting Cambodia is a great experience for me. But when I get back I'll only have a month of summer vacation, then middle school, oh where, oh where is my summer going!?!? It's really hot here!!! Today I met my grandmother, mom, my three aunts, my three sisters and my oldest sisters husband! Can you believe it?!? she's 19 and married! That's really young, well, actually my biological grandmother was 14 when she got married then had my father at age 15! I also learned that my three sisters have jobs! I'm jealous but they're jealous of me because I'm getting an education! My sisters that are closest to me are teenagers and the sister that is married is 19. Just to tell you they don't go to school, they dropped out.
For gifts I gave them t-shirts and albums of me when I was a baby. When I showed my mom the picture of me and my teacher Leah Blind she smiled, I think she was happy that I was getting an education. Thank you Sherrie Clune, Andrew Mcclain, Cindy Bishop, Leah Blind, Cora Hamm and Susan Kambrich! Well, I'm really sleepy! It's a different time zone! I'm sleepy! Night everybody!
Molly - So good to hear about your adventure. I cried when I read the first three lines of your blog - so excited for you and the journey you are on! We will continue to pray for you on your adventure and your safe arrival home. Love Patty
ReplyDeletehey molly- im SO excited for you. tell me everything when you get back okay??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete-Cassie
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMolly,
ReplyDeleteThis is an incredible experience for you. Just reading about it from this side is incredible. Make the most of it. And keep writing.
PS. In case you don't know who slavajah is, I work with your mom.
Wow, Molly....this sounds wonderful and exciting. I'm very happy for you.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy all of your family. It's way cool to be worldwide!
I'm new to blogging, Miss Molly...Gallupvillain is my secret identity. It's really Mr. Claus.
ReplyDeleteYour excitement and enthusiasm on this day is awesome, Molly! How exciting for you to have met so much of your birth family, to see them and hold them in your mind, to know what their skin feels like, how they wear their hair, what kind of shoes they like, what they eat and how they speak. And you now know where they are at - with so little education they really do have less of a chance to live to their own full potential. You can see why they might give up a baby, to give her (you!) the chance to do things they are unable to do, unable to offer to their children. How amazing!!
ReplyDelete