Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 11, All tired, some of us need to sleep!

We''re back in Phnom Penh and I admit, I'm really tired. I woke up last night at 4:00am to the sounds of pounding rain. The monsoon. It rained all morning. The perfect day to leave the beach after a relaxing stay. Highlights- we swam in the warm waters of the Gulf of Thailand, ate interesting little tapas dishes with different sauces- happa, Khmer, or Japanese- on tofu, swordfish, chicken. We browsed through NGO shops that support free trade, keeping children off the streets and in school and we had one hour massages for 6 dollars from blind massage therapists!
Last night, I indulged in the hotel special spa package- for 55 dollars US I got the Jasmine body scrub, the khmer massage with orchid aromatherapy and the mini facial. Two hours of bliss. It was almost too much for me! But now that I'm back in the bustle of PP, I'm glad that I relaxed tht much last night.
Well, the sun sets at the same time every night, here, around 6pm, all year round. I think it's time to venture back to our hotel- right on the Mekong River.
Tomorrow, one more visit with Molly's family, and we'll also try to go to Tuol Sleng, the school turned prison and torture chamber during the Pol Pot regime. I'm a bit unsure of doing that, but I also think it's a way to honor the people here. Then, we'll do a little bit of shopping at one of the markets, and pack up to head home.
Again, thanks to all our commenters. Sorry some of you have had a difficult time commenting. You can always send me emails at lnissenbaum@gmail.com and I'll send comments to the appropriate writer.
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, WOW what an incredible trip for all of you. I have enjoyed reading all posted remarks and following your journey. You will certainly have much to share with the 'Righteous Babes" upon your return. Safe trip home to all.

    Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time you got tired, Lisa. I would've been pooped a while ago. Good for you for indulging yourself a bit with the spa package. That can't hurt every once in a great while. Can't wait to hear live stories and see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to see you guys and hear even more. so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete